Almost everyone I talk to, no matter the age, industry or current stage in life, feels like the summer has gone by in a blink. I call it 'time evaporation'. As the days grow shorter and the back-to-school sales start to flood our inboxes, it's all too tempting to bid a bittersweet farewell to the lazy, hazy days of summer. But before you surrender to the encroaching autumn, let me remind you of a glorious truth:
Summer isn't over yet! There's still ample time to bask in its warmth and make significant strides in both your personal life and business endeavors. While others might be hastily stashing away their beach towels and flip-flops, you have the golden opportunity to harness your lingering summer spirit and channel it into your entrepreneurial dreams. So, take Mel Robbins advice and follow the 5-second rule (5-4-3-2-1): “The 5 Second Rule is simple. If you have an instinct to act on a goal, you must physically move within five seconds or your brain will kill it. The moment you feel an instinct or a desire to act on a goal or a commitment, use the Rule.”
Here's a simple list of steps to help supercharge your small business and squeeze in some self-care during the remaining summer days:
1. Revamp Your Website: Take advantage of any downtime to give your website a makeover or simple refresh. Ensure it's mobile-friendly, easy to navigate and reflects your current products or services.
2. Social Media Boost & Content Marketing: Ramp up your social media presence with engaging, summer/fall-themed content. Use eye-catching visuals, run contests and interact with your audience to increase your online visibility. Write blog posts or create videos related to summer trends, tips or topics relevant to your industry or client-base. Share this valuable content on your website and social media channels to establish yourself as an authority.
3. Networking: Attend local events, fairs, festivals and networking events in person where you can engage with new people or reconnect with those you know to get to know each other, showcase your products and make valuable connections.
4. Product or Service Specials: Create limited-time summer or holiday (Labor Day) promotions or discounts to entice customers. Highlight seasonal offerings and use the urgency of the season to drive sales.
5. Email Marketing Campaigns: Send out engaging email newsletters with summer or fall-themed updates, promotions and exclusive offers to your subscriber list.
6. Customer Appreciation Notes/Events: Show your gratitude for your client support and build stronger relationships by hosting summer/fall-themed customer appreciation event, whether in-person or virtually. Write special notes thanking them for their business and asking for feedback on their experience.
7. Review and Refine Goals, Learn and Innovate: Take a moment to assess your business and personal goals for the year. What have you accomplished, and what still needs attention? Adjust your strategy accordingly to meet your objectives, using the quieter moments to invest in your own education. Read business books, take online courses, attend webinars and meet with colleagues in-person or online to stay up-to-date with industry trends and innovations, or simply to reconnect.
8. Plan Ahead for Fall & 2024: Start planning your fall and 2024 for marketing campaigns and strategies now. The more prepared you are, the smoother the transition from summer to fall will be for your business.
9. Self-Care: Last (and certainly not least!), don't forget to take care of yourself. A well-rested, focused business owner can achieve much more. Use the summer to recharge your own batteries, so you can give your business your best or check out my book coming out next month to reflect within.
There's a lot to unpack in this list but if you start with just one, that is the first step! You can use any or all of these steps to harness the remaining days of summer to supercharge your small business, ensuring it thrives not only during the sunshine but all year round. Looking for some help with your business? Click here to book your free consultation or sign-up for our exclusive special to receive an audit of your online presence. This is only available this month and will not be offered again this year.